Eastern Shores Library System
Eastern Shores Library
System Board of Trustees Meeting
Present: Nancy Lewis, presiding; Carol Baumann, Sara Filemyr, Bill Jens, Sue Karlman, Bill Niehaus, Robert Nuernberg, Sherry Speth, Marilyn Toepel, and Warren Stumpe. Absent: Jackie Burmesch, Linda Bosman, Howard Hoppe and Joann Wiesner. One vacancy. Also Present: David Weinhold, Director; David Nimmer, TAC Advisor; Paul Onufrak, Automation Librarian, and Paula Siefert, Recording Secretary designate.
1. Call to Order: At 4:30 p.m. a quorum was present so Lewis called the meeting to order. The meeting was posted with both counties according to the open meeting law.
2. Approval of Minutes: Jens moved, seconded by Baumann to approve the August 28, 2006 Minutes. Motion carried by voice vote.
3. Approval of Expenditures: Jens moved to approve the expenditures of September 12 to 25, 2006. Seconded by Toepel, motion carried by voice vote. Baumann moved to approve the Financial Statement for the eight months ended August 31, 2006. Seconded by Niehaus, motion carried by voice vote.
4. Personnel Committee Recommendation on Director’s Performance: Stumpe moved to approve the Personnel Committee’s recommendation. Seconded by Toepel, motion carried by voice vote.
5. Proposed 2007 Library System Budget: Niehaus moved to approve the 2007 Library System Budget as presented including the adjustment to the Webfeet subscription. Seconded by Jens, motion carried by voice vote.
4:55 p.m. Karlman arrived
6. Amend Policy 404.22 and 404.29 Service to System Residents: This is the second reading of the two policy changes. Nuernberg moved the adoption of both policies. Seconded by Jens, motion carried by voice vote.
5:00 p.m. Nimmer arrived
7. Public Comment and Correspondence:
a. An e-mail from David and Anne Marie Olson, Fredonia, supporting funding of the bookmobile service was received.
b. Weinhold will be meeting with the Ozaukee County Finance Committee, October 6 at 10 a.m. in the County Administrative Center and the Sheboygan County Finance Committee on September 26 at 2 p.m. in room 119 of the Administrative Building.
8. Committee Reports:
a. Technical Advisory Committee: Nimmer reported on the September 19 TAC meeting.
b. Contracts Committee: Nothing
9. System Staff Reports:
a. Weinhold reviewed the report from Library Services Manager, Ann Krueger.
b. Onufrak distributed the library to library lending statistics. He reported on the web programming class he attended and that he will be attending the CODI conference in Salt Lake City, Utah next week.
c. Weinhold reviewed the report from Cataloger, Alison Hoffman. Included with the statistics are the projects being worked on and that a new international standard is expanding the current 10-digit ISBN to a 13-digit ISBN.
d. Weinhold reviewed the report from Connie Meyer, Bookmobile Service.
e. Weinhold reported that the Local Legislative Day has been scheduled for Thursday, October 19 at the Cedar Grove Public Library.10. Adjourn: At 5:30 p.m. Baumann moved to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Niehaus, motion carried by voice vote.
Copyright 2000 Eastern Shores Library System