Eastern Shores Library System
Shores Library System Board of Trustees Meeting
Present: Nancy Lewis, presiding; Carol Baumann, Linda Bosman, Sara Filemyr, Bill Jens, Sue Karlman, Bill Niehaus, Robert Nuernberg, Marilyn Toepel, and Joann Wiesner. Absent: Jackie Burmesch, Howard Hoppe, Sherry Speth and Warren Stumpe. One vacancy. Also Present: David Weinhold, Director; David Nimmer, TAC Advisor; Paul Onufrak, Automation Librarian, and Paula Siefert, Recording Secretary designate.
1. Call to Order: At 4:30 p.m. a quorum was present so Lewis called the meeting to order. The meeting was posted with both counties according t the open meeting law.
2. Approval of Minutes: Baumann moved, seconded by Jens to approve the September 25, 2006 Minutes. Motion carried by voice vote.
3. Approval of Expenditures: Jens moved to approve the expenditures of October 16 to October 23, 2006. Seconded by Karlman, motion carried by voice vote.
4. Public Comment and Correspondence: None
5. Committee Reports:
a. Technical Advisory Committee: Last TAC meeting was September 19 so Nimmer had no report.
b. Contracts Committee: Date of meeting to be selected to review resource library agreement.
c. Nominating Committee: Consideration of 2007 Officers
6. DPI Library System Plan 2007: Bosman moved to authorize the Presidentís signature on the 2007 System Plan. Seconded by Toepel, motion carried by voice vote.
7. 2005 Library System Audit Report: Report distributed and will be placed on the November board agenda for questions.
8. County Library Service Requests for 2007: Ozaukee County Resolution 05-83 County Library Scheduled Reimbursement was distributed. The Ozaukee County Administrative Committee has increased funding for bookmobile service to $54,889.
9. System Staff Report:
a. The Library Services Managerís report was received.
b. Onufrak distributed the library to library lending statistics. He reported on the CODI Conference.
c. Weinhold reviewed the report from Cataloger, Alison Ross.
d. Weinhold reviewed the report from Connie Meyer, Bookmobile Service. Included with the report are proposed policy changes. This is the first posting of the policy changes. They will be on the November board agenda.
e. Local Legislative Day has been cancelled. Another date will be chosen after the election. Trustees received the WLA 2007 - 2009 Legislative Agenda and DPIís Library Budget request for 2007-2009.10. Adjourn: At 5:30 p.m. Niehaus moved to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Baumann, motion carried by voice vote.
Copyright 2000 Eastern Shores Library System