Eastern Shores Library System
Eastern Shores Library
System Board of Trustees Meeting
Present: Nancy Lewis, presiding; Carol Baumann, Linda Bosman, Jackie Burmesch, Sara Filemyr, Howard Hoppe, Bill Jens, Sue Karlman, Bill Niehaus, Sherry Speth, Warren Stumpe, Marilyn Toepel, and Joann Wiesner. Absent: Robert Nuernberg. Also Present: David Weinhold, Director and Paula Siefert, Recording Secretary designate.
1. Call to Order: At 4:30 p.m. a quorum was present so Lewis called the meeting to order. The meeting was posted with both counties on May 17, 2006 according to the open meeting law.
2. Approval of Minutes: Stumpe moved, seconded by Niehaus to approve the April 24, 2006 Minutes. Motion carried.
3. Approval of Expenditures: Jens reviewed the current expenditures of April 25 to May 22, 2006 and moved for their approval. Seconded by Wiesner, motion carried. Jens reviewed the Financial Statements for the four months ended April 30, 2006 and moved for approval. Seconded by Niehaus, motion carried.
4. Public Comment and Correspondence: The first letter was a thank you from Calah Goehring for having the ability to do her practicum at the Cedar Grove Public Library. The second letter was from Assistant Superintendent Grobschmidt announcing the second state aid payment to ESLS.
5. Committee Reports:
a. TAC Advisor: In Nimmer’s absence, Weinhold reported.
b. Personnel Committee: Meeting date May 24, 2006
c. Contract Committee: Meeting date June 6
d. Budget Committee: Meeting date June 19
6. Transfer Funds for Technical Support Service: Stumpe moved to approve the transfer of funds as presented. Seconded by Karlman, motion carried.
7. Transfer E-book Readers to Mead Public Library: Stumpe moved to transfer ownership of the E-book readers to the Mead Public Library. Seconded by Wiesner, motion carried.
8. SB 272 Effect on Libraries and Library Systems: Trustees received “SB 272 Passes Both Houses of Legislature” by Mike Cross, Weinhold reviewed and explained that it was signed May 19 and is now an Act. Trustees received “New Law Improves Public Library Operation and Efficiency” by John DeBacher, Weinhold reviewed.
9. 2005 Annual Report of Eastern Shores Library System: Trustees received the “Eastern Shores Library System 2005 Annual Report.” Burmesch moved to accept the report. Seconded by Baumann, motion carried.
5:30 p.m. Burmesch left
10. System Staff Reports:
a. Trustees received a written report from Ann Krueger, Library Services Manager and Paul Onufrak, Automation Librarian.
b. Trustees received the monthly circulation and report from Alison Hoffman, Cataloger.
c. Trustees received the monthly circulation and report from Connie Meyer, Bookmobile Librarian/Driver.
d. Trustees received copies of three opinions about libraries and library service from the Attorney General’s Office.
e. National Legislative Day in Washington, D.C. Weinhold participated and spoke about federal issues. ESLS will coordinate a local legislative day in late summer.
11. Adjourn: At 6:05 p.m. Toepel moved to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Niehaus, motion carried.
Copyright 2000 Eastern Shores Library System