Eastern Shores Library System
Eastern Shores Library System Board of Trustees Meeting
Eastern Shores Library System
Monday, March 26, 2007 Called to Order: 4:30 p.m. Adjourned: 6:00 p.m.
Present: Marilyn Toepel, presiding; Carol Baumann, Linda Bosman, Sara Filemyr, Howard Hoppe, Sue Karlman, Bill Jens, Sharon Nieman-Koebert, Bill Niehaus, Sherry Speth, and Warren Stumpe, Absent: Nancy Lewis, Rob Nuernberg, Pat Premo, Joann Wiesner, and Connie Acker, TAC Advisor. Also Present: David Weinhold, Director; Paul Onufrak, Automation Librarian; and Paula Siefert, Recording Secretary designate.
1. Call to Order: At 4:30 p.m. a quorum was present so Toepel called the meeting to order. The meeting was posted with both counties on March 21, 2007 according to the open meeting law.
2. Approval of Minutes: Karlman moved, seconded by Niehaus to approve the February 26, 2007 Minutes. Motion carried by voice vote.
3. Approval of Expenditures and Financial Report: Siefert reviewed the current expenditures of February 27 through March 21 and March 22 through March 26, 2007. Baumann moved to approve the expenditures, seconded by Jens, motion carried by voice vote. Siefert reviewed the Financial Statement for the two months ended February 28, 2007. Jens moved to approve the Financial Statement, seconded by Baumann motion carried by voice vote.
4. Public Comment and Correspondence:
1. Letter was received from Brian Bliss appreciative of Bookmobile Service.
2. Letter was received from Mead Public Library concerning the “Statement Concerning Public Library System Effectiveness.”
3. Letter was received from the Sheboygan County Finance Committee and County Board Chairman addressed to Senator Joseph Liebham requesting support for Governor Doyle’s recommendation to exempt not only the reimbursements for library service in adjacent counties, but also for the reimbursements for library services in our County.
5. Recognition of Jackie Burmesch Service to ESLS: Burmesch was recognized with a plaque and the traditional coffee mug.
6. Committee Reports:
1. Technical Advisory Committee: None
2. Budget Committee Meeting April 19, 2007 at 10:00 a.m
7. Approval and Authorize President to Sign DPI Library System Annual Report: Baumann moved to approve and authorize the President’s signature on the DPI Library System Annual Report, seconded by Niehaus. Motion carried by voice vote.
8. Authorization for Signatories on ESLS Checking Account at US Bank: Karlman moved to authorize the signatories on the Library System’s Operations and Payroll checking accounts maintained by US Bank, Sheboygan. Seconded by Hoppe, motion carried by voice vote.
9. Proposal to Amend Intersystem Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement: Baumann moved to approve the revised Intersystem Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement, seconded by Karlman. Motion carried by voice vote with one opposing vote.
10. Request by Ozaukee County for Mileage Verification: Ozaukee County trustees received the Citizen Member form to fill out.
11. Report on 2006 Per Diem and Mileage: Trustees received information on what Ozaukee County paid to ESLS trustees in 2006 for mileage and per diem reimbursements.
12. System Staff Report:
a. Special Needs and Public Information report received from Sue Potter and Connie Meyer.
b. Siefert reported on March youth service’s event.
c. Onufrak distributed library to library and database statistics. He reported that SirsiDynix will stop all implementations of Horizon 8. This was the next step of software to be implemented this year by ESLS. A decision will need to be made if ESLS moves to a new software vendor or continue with SirsiDynix.
d. Cataloging report from Alison Ross was received.
e. ILL report from Kelly Leu was received.
f. Weinhold has consulted with South Central Library System on delivery truck designs.
g. WLA Legislative Alert distributed.
h. Report on Library System Effectiveness received.
i. Sheboygan and Ozaukee Counties County Board Appointments Worksheet received.
j. Adjacent County Reimbursement for Serving Non-Libraried Residents received.
13. Adjourn: At 6:00 p.m. Niehaus moved to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Jens, motion carried by voice vote.
Copyright 2000 Eastern Shores Library System