Eastern Shores Library System
Eastern Shores Library
System Board of Trustees Meeting
Present: Nancy Lewis, presiding; Carol Baumann, Linda Bosman, Jackie Burmesch, Sara Filemyr, Howard Hoppe, Bill Jens, Sue Karlman, Bill Niehaus, Robert Nuernberg, Sherry Speth, Warren Stumpe, Marilyn Toepel, and Joann Wiesner. One vacancy. Also Present: David Weinhold, Director; David Nimmer, TAC Advisor; Paul Onufrak, Automation Librarian; Ann Krueger, Library Services Manager; and Paula Siefert, Recording Secretary designate.
1. Call to Order: At 4:30 p.m. a quorum was present so Lewis called the meeting to order. The meeting was posted with both counties on June 14, 2006 according to the open meeting law.
2. Approval of Minutes: Karlman moved, seconded by Baumann to approve the May 22, 2006 Minutes. Motion carried.
3. Approval of Expenditures: Jens reviewed the current expenditures of May 23 through June 19, 2006 and moved for their approval. Seconded by Wiesner, motion carried. Jens reviewed the Financial Statements for the five months ended May 31, 2006 and moved for approval. Seconded by Baumann, motion carried.
4. Public Comment and Correspondence: none
5. Committee Reports:
a. Technical Advisory Committee Report: none
b. Personnel Committee: Chair Karlman noted that the Committee will review the Directorís Performance Evaluations.
c. Contracts Committee: Chair Bosman reported that the first reading of the Resource Contract has been done. The committee has made some changes to the contract and it will be on the July board agenda for review.
d. Budget Committee: Chair Jens reported that they reviewed the 2007 Bookmobile Service Budget, Sheboygan County and Ozaukee County Library Service Appropriation budget requests. Jens also mentioned that a list of the current expenditures will be sent with the board agenda. A list of checks issued after that date will be distributed and reviewed during the board meeting.
6. E-mail Message from Mr. Stumpe about County Library Service Reimbursement: Library Board President Lewis requested information about slander and whether slander can be practiced against a county from Atty. Katherine Reynolds, the Library Systemís attorney. Trustees received the response. Trustees discussed the authority of the e-mail and if the Ozaukee County reimbursement meets the statutory reimbursement of 70%. Weinhold explained that, in his opinion, Ozaukee County Resolution 05-83 does not use the statutory method for calculating the reimbursement for serving non-libraried residents, although the result is similar.
7. Extending Library System Services to Non-Member Public Libraries: If a library does not comply with the Maintenance of Effort system membership requirement, will the System allow the library to contract for system services? Trustees determined they would be concerned in providing services to a nonmember library and would not be interested in doing so. The System board would work with the library to get them back into compliance. This issue will again be on the July agenda for further discussion.
5:40 Jens left
8. Delivery Service Vehicle Sign: Installation of the signs on the truck is complete. The signs are removable so they can be transferred if a new truck is purchased.
9. System Staff Reports:
a. Krueger reported on the State Interlibrary Loan Meeting and the Special Needs Meeting. Also reported was the purchase of wheeled walker carts and wheel chairs for libraries from the current LSTA grant.
b. Onufrak distributed the library to library lending statistics.
c. Weinhold reviewed the report from Cataloger, Alison Hoffman.
d. Weinhold reviewed the report from Connie Meyer, Bookmobile Librarian/Driver.
10. Adjourn: At 6:00 p.m. Wiesner moved to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Baumann, motion carried.
Copyright 2000 Eastern Shores Library System