Eastern Shores Library System
Eastern Shores Library
System Board of Trustees Meeting
Present: Nancy Lewis, presiding; Linda Bosman, Jackie Burmesch, Sara Filemyr, Howard Hoppe, Bill Jens, Sue Karlman, Bill Niehaus, Robert Nuernberg, Warren Stumpe, Marilyn Toepel, and Joann Wiesner. Absent: Carol Baumann and Sherry Speth. One vacancy. Also Present: David Weinhold, Director; David Nimmer, TAC Advisor; Paul Onufrak, Automation Librarian; Ann Krueger, Library Services Manager; and Paula Siefert, Recording Secretary designate.
1. Call to Order: At 4:30 p.m. a quorum was present so Lewis called the meeting to order. The meeting was posted with both counties according to the open meeting law.
2. Approval of Minutes: Wiesner moved, seconded by Niehaus to approve the June 19, 2006 Minutes. Motion carried.
3. Approval of Expenditures: Jens moved to approve the expenditures of June 20 to July 24, 2006. Seconded by Wiesner, motion carried. Jens reviewed the Financial Statement for the six months ended June 30, 2006 and moved for approval. Seconded by Hoppe, motion carried.
4. Public Comment and Correspondence:
a. Correspondence received from the WLA Foundation for the contribution to the 2006 Partnership Campaign for Wisconsin Libraries.
b. No public comment.
5. Committee Reports:
a. Technical Advisory Committee Report: Nimmer reported on the June 20, 2006 SLAC meeting.
b. Personnel Committee: Chair Karlman reported that they have reviewed the directorsí evaluationís. The next meeting will be in August.
c. Contracts Committee: Chair Bosman reported that the contract, with revisions, was reviewed and recommended to be forwarded to the Mead Public Library Board/Contracts Committee.
d. Budget Committee: Chair Jens reported approval of the county library service requests for Ozaukee County and Sheboygan County. Committee also reviewed the Library System Budget.
6. Extending Library System Services to Non-member Public Libraries: Discussion on possible surcharges for services to non-member libraries and developing a plan and time-line for expelling or penalizing a municipality.
7. County Library Service Appropriation Requests for 2007: Resolution 05-83 governs Ozaukee County Library Service reimbursement. Weinhold will meet with Tom Meaux to discuss levy limits. Sheboygan County Library Service reimbursement is at 87% of the service cost. Bosman moved to send the 2007 Ozaukee County and Sheboygan County Library Service Reimbursement requests to appropriate counties. Seconded by Karlman, motion carried.
8. Annual Report Summary for 2005 and Maintenance of Effort for 2007: Trustees received the reports.
5:40 p.m. Jens and Nimmer left
9. System Staff Reports:
a. Krueger reported on the Farm Technology Days participation, purchases for the LSTA grant and noted that the County Wide Library Service Memo and Library Connection newsletters have been published and are posted on the website.
b. Onufrak distributed library to library lending statistics. EasiCat software will be upgraded and the service will not be available Wednesday, August 16, 2006.
c. Weinhold reviewed the report from Cataloger, Alison Hoffman
d. Weinhold reviewed the report from Connie Meyer, Bookmobile Service.
e. Weinhold reported on his attendance at the American Library Association National Conference in New Orleans.10. Adjourn: At 6:00 p.m. Wiesner moved to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Burmesch, motion carried.
Copyright 2000 Eastern Shores Library System