Eastern Shores Library System
Eastern Shores Library
System Board of Trustees Meeting
Present: Nancy Lewis, presiding; Carol Baumann, Linda Bosman, Jackie Burmesch, Sara Filemyr, Howard Hoppe, Bill Jens, Bill Niehaus, Robert Nuernberg, Sherry Speth, Warren Stumpe, Marilyn Toepel, and Joann Wiesner. Absent: Sue Karlman. One vacancy. Also present: David Weinhold, Director; David Nimmer, TAC Advisor; Paul Onufrak, Automation Librarian; Ann Krueger, Library Services Manager; and Paula Siefert, Recording Secretary designate.
1. Call to Order: At 4:30 p.m. a quorum was present so Lewis called the meeting to order. The meeting was posted with both counties on April 19, 2006 according to the open meeting law.
2. Approval of Minutes: Wiesner moved, seconded by Baumann to approve the March 27, 2006 Minutes. Motion carried.
3. Ozaukee County Citizen Appointee Attendance Policy: Trustees received the attendance requirements and reimbursement information.
4. Recommendations for Adjustments to the 2006 Budget: Trustees received the Budget Committee 2006 Budget Adjustment Recommendations. Baumann moved to approve the 2006 Budget Adjustment Recommendations as presented. Seconded by Burmesch, motion carried.
Burmesch left at 5 p.m.
5. Approval of Expenditures: Jens reviewed the current expenditures of March 28 to April 24, 2006. Baumann moved to approve the expenditures, seconded by Wiesner, motion carried. Jens reviewed the Financial Statements for the three months ended March 31, 2006. Baumann moved to approve the Financial Statement, seconded by Wiesner, motion carried.
6. Committee Reports:
a. TAC Advisor: Nimmer, Weinhold and Onufrak reported on the April 18 SLAC meeting.
b. Personnel Committee and Contracts Committee: Meetings to be scheduled.
7. Act 226 and effects on libraries and library system: Trustees received a handout prepared by Weinhold, briefly explaining of each section of the bill. The Section 15 “If a gift, bequest, devise or endowment ...” will be further investigated and Weinhold will report at the next meeting about any change in the investment of these type of library funds.
Jens left at 5:35 p.m.
8. County Library Service: Trustees received a copy of the e-mail “Exemption from Ozaukee County Library Tax” from Warren Stumpe and the corrected version of the 2006 Exemptions.
9. System Staff Reports:
a. Krueger reported on upcoming State meetings, newsletters are available on the website, the National Library Week Article and coordination of ordering JanWay totes for libraries.
b. Siefert reported on the recent CCBC workshop and production of the 2006 Summer Library Program materials for member libraries.
c. Onufrak reported that Mary Ellen Petzold has been hired to provide technical support. Petzold’s duties will include technical troubleshooting and installation of computers and components at member libraries. At the end of the year libraries will contribute up to $857 for this technical support.
d. Trustees received the monthly cataloging report from Alison Hoffman, Cataloger. Weinhold reported on backlog in cataloging and the need for additional help.
e. Trustees received the Bookmobile service report and statistics as prepared by Connie Meyer, Bookmobile Driver/Librarian. Stumpe asked if there were bookmobile stops in the Town of Saukville and the Town of Port Washington.
10. Adjourn: At 6:10 p.m. Jens moved to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Nuernberg, motion carried.
Copyright 2000 Eastern Shores Library System